siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Friday, August 05, 2005

Does anyone else have crushes on their coworkers?

No? Just me, the weird girl? Ok, then :)

It's not really I-want-to-hook-up-type crushes. It's admiration more than anything. I guess it's natural to feel drawn to ppl who share the same interests. I've been working with the same group of ppl all week long during the new teacher academy and I got to see the enthusiasm and experience they bring. I guess it's because I haven't really worked with young, male teachers who come from the same philosophy of teaching I do. It sucks that they'll be at different schools. I hope there are young teachers at my school, so that I don't feel so much like the new kid.

The best advice I got all week long: DON'T give your profession 100%. Do the best you can, but remember to take care of yourself.

It's so true b/c I gave 100% to my job last semester and it was taking a toll on me physically (headaches all the time) and was affecting my relationships b/c I was at school every NIGHT. It doesn't mean "don't be dedicated" but just remember to be a little bit selfish :)

2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger amor59 said...

LOL! maestra, you're going to have a good year :) Send pix of the cholo vp. I'm glad I'm not weird. Or maybe we're both weird. Hmmm....

ok, alan...what?

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger under the red sky said...

I think Alan is a spammer. Erase it.

A cholo VP eh? Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home