siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Am I the only one NOT reading Harry Potter?

Apparently so :p But there is so much mindless TV to watch before I go back to school and can't do that anymore:) I never get tired of the home shopping network. They have some of the most hideous clother EVER. They still sell tapered pants and a bunch of clothes with fruit appliqués. WTF! Suzanne Somers sells un poquito de todo...from food to clothes to appliances. What about all the cooking, decorating, makeover and who's-my-baby's-daddy? shows? There's just too much to watch. Then there's the good ol' Law and Order and telenovelas. It's baseball season, too...hmmmm...baseball players with nice butts. Of course I admire their skills, too (My poor Pudge hasn't had the best season, but oh well) :p Then there's the internet. It supplements my information from People and US.

Don't I sound like a fine example for my students? I actually do other stuff besides reading gossip mags. I've read only one book this summer, but I like reading newspapers a lot. El Universal, Reforma, a.m. León and La Crónica de hoy have good online versions. I'm trying to keep up the Spanish and keep informed at the same time :) I don't know how to link stuff, sorry (I tried linking stuff/people before but it didn't work, so I'll try again sometime). I get to see the familia and have dinner with them often :) I get to help my abuelita with trips to the doctor so my mom doesn't have to take the day off. So who cares that I haven't read tons of books or worked this summer (aside from sporadic tutoring and babysitting). I'm savoring these last few days before the chaos starts :)

Come to think of it...I have been doing plenty.

5 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger under the red sky said...

You gotta read La Jornada...its Mexico's best paper!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger under the red sky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger under the red sky said...

Damn, it didn't show the html ..

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger under the red sky said...

(a href="http://website.com")Website(/a)

replace ( with <
replaces ) with >

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger amor59 said...

Coolness! I found it. HOWEVER...whatever you do, don't just type lajornada.com. It's not the most appropriate site :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home