siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

PDAS sux!!!

I had to sit through the Professional Development Appraisal System training ALL DAY!
It's a state mandated eval system and we HAVE to sit through it. I'm at a new district so I have to go through the new teacher academy and this is part of it. I do want to do the new teacher academy b/c I didn't get a chance to with my old district. HOWEVER, one of the trainings I DID get at my old district was PDAS! I just went over all this crap in MARCH! It was just as boring then. So this is what I realized after this very wasted day while I was falling asleep and daydreaming (nothing to do with school):

1. My feet look horrible! Chancla season has taken a toll on them and I need a pedi.
2. My press-on nails (thanks C) look pretty good. They've improved since I was little when they would fall off as soon as you touched anything. (and a bargain at $5)
3. Seeing the lights on the ceiling dance and blur is a sign that you are falling asleep.
4. Always take a sweater to school in July in Texas b/c school districts like to keep you awake by freezing you to death inside when it's 110 degrees outside.
5. My worst realization today: I will have to wear panty hose if I wear a skirt to school b/c they are implementing a new dress code. NOOOOOOOO!!!!! (guys must wear ties :p).

Oh yeah, we have to dress business casual starting tomorrow as if we were teaching, even if it's just us and we're just sitting there for training.

I hope it's better tomorrow. Probably not, but I can hope.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger amor59 said...

I had to go b/c that training day is under our contract and if I didn't go, I would've had to work before Thanksgiving.

I've asked other teachers about the hose and this girl that did her student teaching in this district said that her principal didn't require that :) I'm hoping mine is like that.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger under the red sky said...

Wow, that is harsh...Can you imagine running around in an elementary classroom wearing business attire? Not to mention that some teachers (like many in my area) have to also do PE. Not a great combination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home