siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

A couple of tips y si tienen más, pues share :)

At least I got a couple of things from the training sessions...I think that's the idea..

Instead of raising hands during independent work:
1) Set an open book upright on the cornder of the desk.
2) Make a flap or triangular prism to tape on the edge of the desk that the kids can flip over on top of the desk when they need help.
I liked this b/c the kids can keep woking while they wait for you come over and you don't have a bunch of waving hands and "miss, miss, miss." The instructor had us hold our hands up for 30 secs and it starts hurting after about 15, so imagine our little ones :)

Also, you should have an TA available. Not all day like they do in pre-k and some k, but usually at least one per grade level that you sort of share. They can provide some extra help with a student or group of SS or if you have to do some testing. It never hurts to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home