siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Apparently, I'm not much of a blogger...

I haven't gotten on here in a while. I forget to do this. Maybe b/c there's not much going on this summer. I'm just tutoring a couple of kids. It gets me gas and movie money and gets me out of bed before noon, b/c if I didn't have this, then I'd be sleeping 'til 2 pm. Mi amigocha y yo were talking about how it's getting boring already, BUT I'm NOT saying I would rather be working :) I'm cool just hanging out watching baseball, Law and Order and novelas. We need to schedule some trips to just chill like in the old days.

My mission is to do some productive, not-school-related (unless I have to) adult stuff. I've been researching what there is to do here and I've found some cool stuff and a lot of it it's free. There are art exhibits, demonstrations, outdoor movies, concerts, festivals, etc. I'm trying to read books NOT written by Robert Munsch or Eric Carle or dealing with whales or the rainforest :) I need a break from that. My friend posted about a summer reading list, and she put Isabel Allende on there. I started reading Hija de la fortuna by Allende before school ended pero no voy ni a la mitad (I need to get on that). It's pretty good. My tío also gave me Doce cuentos peregrinos by Gabriel García Márquez. Creo que los cuentos son más para mí. Por eso me gustan las telenovelas mexicanas...terminan rápido.

My apt. needs some major help and organization also. I have all the tools b/c every time I go to the Container Store I buy things that I think will help me get organized, but I haven't actually used them :(

I've been spending more time with the fam, which is important b/c during the school year I was so stressed out with the job that I really didn't get to see them much (and I'm in the same city now!). Abue is getting older, so I try to go see her during the day when she's alone while my parents and bro are working. I like hearing stories about her childhood or when my mom was little. I admire her so much for surviving. It's so easy to judge and ask why she put up with so much shit, but I've realized that I haven't given her the credit she deserves for surviving and raising some decent human beings.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger la maestra said...

glad to see you're still alive =) you should be part of our book club! AND you should visit, you non-summer school slacker!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger under the red sky said...

"It's so easy to judge and ask why she put up with so much shit, but I've realized that I haven't given her the credit she deserves for surviving and raising some decent human beings."

Sounds like what my family is going through right now...

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger amor59 said...

Ayuda refleccionar porque encuentro lo positivo en lo que sólo miraba como negativo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home