siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

¿A dónde se van las semanas?

Another week down and one more to go until the end of the six-weeks period.That means it's report card time! Woo-hooo!!! One thing that I underestimated about my old district was the fact that we did report cards on a computer program. So all the basic fields - name, ID, school, teacher, etc. were already filled in. We just filled in grades from a drop-down menu. Here, we get these long BLANK report cards that we have to fill in by hand. I think I'm getting lazier. Well, I think it's just that when you realize that there is an easier way and you've done it that way before, it's more daunting to have to switch now and do it a longer way. I'll just do it this weekend and get it over with so it's not hanging over my head the rest of the week.

¡Felicidades Mexicanos y Centro Americanos por el día de la independencia! Some teachers had papel picado decorations in the hall way and my kids were all ooooing and aaaawing, so I told them we'd be making our own. I didn't buy tissue paper (I was planning on it but I didn't go to the store, so I improvised, but I think it turned out more original this way) I asked them to color pieces of newsprint paper and I showed them how to fold it and cut it and we put it out in the hallway. I have a girl from Honduras and a boy from El Salvador, so we looked at a map to find these countries b/c they're celebrating independence as well. We looked up their flags and read a book about the celebrations and traditions, etc. Anyways, it was fun.

I woke up so late today (I'm sure if you knew me, you'd be shocked :p). We went out last night (like on a real date, not just to the movies.) There was mariachis, folklórico and Latin jazz at the Latino cultural center. Después no fuimos a echar unos tacos and they had folklórico there too. For only $20 (for the food) we had a really good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home