siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I got a new car!!!

Brown Pride (my 1995 chevy cavalier that I've had for SEVEN years) has retired! I got a 2005 "sunburst orange" cobalt. It's basically the new cavalier and I'm loving it. I just needed something more reliable b/c it's not that easy to just call in if I'm having car trouble. I didn't trade in my old car b/c it has more sentimental value than monetary value. Why did I get a new car you ask? Let's see...the sun visor on my old car fell off, the rear view mirror snapped off, the engine light and ABS light came on all the time, it sometimes smelled like gas and hesitated to start. Oh yeah, and you could hear me from a mile away b/c the muffler had a hole :) Brown pride still runs and will be at my parents' house. Maybe my mom can learn to drive around the block since she probably woudln't go past 25 miles an hour. I feel like a real grown up now b/c I signed my life away and if I mess up it's my ass.

I just thought I'd share b/c I know you understand that with our salary, it's not that easy to just afford new stuff :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home