siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

I think I got a new job!!!

I'm officially "sick" today and went to an interview today at the school where I originally wanted to work back in Jan. At the time I was interviewing for a pre-k position, but now first grade-bilingual was open. He liked my philosophy and he offered me the job. It's not official yet b/c he has to submit my name to HR and then I'll be contacted. I'm very excited!!! I like the area and I went to school in the same neighborhood, so I have an idea of the resources they have being in an affluent neighborhood where the PTA is super involved, etc. (of course I DIDN'T live in the neighborhood, but I got bussed in).

Now I have to tell my principal that I'm not coming back. He knew I was looking and that's why I hadn't signed on for next year. There are at least 18 teachers leaving my current school! I guess I've been wrapped up in my world trying to keep up that I didn't know how so many teachers felt and I wasn't there since the beginning to see how he was. Apparently he came in trying to be ass about everything. He gossiped, too. He mentioned that teachers who went through the alternative certification program were not good (most of the bilingual staff, except maybe 4 of us, are alternate certified). My mentor teacher is awesome, but she found out through the grapevine that he said she was a bad teacher. He even got into an argument with another teacher at the beginning b/c he came and tried to take over her class and criticized her in front of them b/c she didn't have control of the kids the SECOND WEEK of school. She got mad and walked out and he was trying to report her to HR for neglect or something like that. I just feel like there is too much negativity there, so I'm going to start over new at a new school and try to stay away from gossip... I said TRY. But then again, if I can't gossip then I can't do this blog thing anymore.

NEVER MIND!

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi. I’ve been reading your blog for the past few weeks and it’s really interesting and informative (from my point-of-view as a perspective teacher). I’m doing a project for my educational psychology class and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions via e-mail, but I don’t see an e-mail address on your blog. I was wondering if you could e-mail me, or somehow let me know your e-mail address, so that I could give you a little information about my project. Then, if you want to answer some questions for me, you could. Thanks so much! (My e-mail address is jacobso1[at]grinnell[dot]edu - change the [at] to @ and the [dot] to . )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home