siempre a las carreras

I made it throught my first FULL year as a bilingual teacher with no injuries and/or lawsuits and I'm still somewhat sane and have a job for next year! Go me!!!

Friday, May 27, 2005

¡Que el mundo ruede!

Ya nada me importa :) Ok, not nada, but pretty close. I'm so glad my first semester is done. I didn't cry but I was telling them how proud I was of their work y uno dice, "la maestra quiere llorar." I laughed and didn't cry, but a couple of my girls were saying that they wanted to stay in first grade again to be with me next year. I told them I didn't want them to be burritas, so they needed to go to second grade. I was so proud of them b/c I saw a lot of growth in these four months I was with them. Almost all of them are reading at second grade level in Spanish and I even have 5 who are on level in English as well! How kick ass is that? There are still a few who are very low and have made very little progress, but I've flagged them for next year, so that the new teacher keeps an eye on them to see if they need more help. There are some who are really high in Spanish and low in English, but it's all good b/c their Spanish fluency will help them gain in English with no problem. All that made the shitty situation worth while. Those 20 chiquillos were the most important thing anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home